We started 2019 with an exciting rebrand and now have a strong marketing platform to build upon. As our ridiculously talented Content Manager, you are an energetic self-starter, motivated by well-written, well-executed copy. Before going any further, ask yourself these questions:
- Did you go to school for journalism or English literature and have a passion for marketing along with a strong love for writing?
- Are you really good at interviewing people, asking sharp questions and writing one heck of a story afterwards?
- Do you foresee yourself managing social media platforms while engaging with clients, prospective clients, industry leaders, and influencers?
- Would you be passionate about spending most of your day typing away, while also assisting with other marketing initiatives that include photography, videography, events, and print material?
If you answered a very enthusiastic “YES” to all the questions above, then keep reading and review a few important details below:
- Create a minimum of 2-3 blog posts per week
- Plan and execute a bi-monthly corporate newsletter
- Develop a social media schedule that includes a minimum of 3 engaging posts per week (for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Coordinate with contractors (photographers/videographers) to create content for our website, social media platforms, and print materials.
- Assist with maintaining and updating our website
- Support the Marketing team with other initiatives that include, but are not limited to, events, tradeshows, corporate ‘swag’, and direct mail.
- A degree, diploma, or relevant experience in Journalism and/or Marketing
- Strong writing skills with excellent grammar
- Social Media savvy with experience using web analytic tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Photography and/or videography skills are considered an asset
Since you’ve made it this far down our job posting, you should also know that our team enjoys a very supportive, fast paced and fun work environment (our team event this month involved axe throwing and everyone was completely safe). We offer a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, RRSP matching program and a tremendous platform for career growth.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are that special well-written unicorn that we’re looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your cover letter, make sure you showcase your writing chops and explain why you think you’re the perfect candidate for this exciting role.