With 2020 thankfully winding down, we’re poised for some big things in 2021 and are looking to grow our rock star marketing team. As our ridiculously talented Content Specialist, you are an energetic self-starter, motivated by well-written, well-executed copy. Before going any further, ask yourself these questions:
- Did you go to school for Communications or English literature and have a passion for marketing along with a strong love for writing?
- Are you really good at interviewing people, asking sharp questions and writing one heck of a story afterwards?
- Do you foresee yourself managing social media platforms while engaging with clients, prospective clients, industry leaders, and influencers?
- Would you be passionate about spending most of your day typing away, while also assisting with other marketing initiatives that include photography, videography, events, and print material?
If you answered a very enthusiastic “YES” to all the questions above, then keep reading and review a few important details below:
- Create a minimum of 2-3 blog posts per week
- Plan and execute a bi-monthly corporate newsletter
- Develop a social media schedule that includes a minimum of 3 engaging posts per week (for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Coordinate with contractors (photographers/videographers) to create content for our website, social media platforms, and print materials.
- Assist with maintaining and updating our website
- Support the Marketing team with other initiatives and campaigns as directed by our awesome Content Manager (who you’ll be reporting to)
- A degree, diploma, or relevant experience in Communications and/or Marketing
- Strong writing and editing skills with excellent grammar
- Social Media savvy with experience using web analytic tools
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong photography and/or videography skills
Since you’ve made it this far down our job posting, you should also know that our team enjoys a very supportive, fast paced and results-oriented work environment. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, RRSP matching program and a tremendous platform for career growth. We also love to do good by our community and support many causes and initiatives that you can participate in and feel proud about.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are that special well-written unicorn that we’re looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your cover letter, make sure you showcase your writing chops and explain why you think you’re the perfect candidate for this exciting role.Apply Now