Embossing creates textured labels by pressing
paper stocks to raise certain areas above the
surface of your stock.
The reverse process, debossing, lowers graphics below the surface of the label, creating a dimensional effect with a premium feel.
You've got questions, we have answers.
WHEN IT WORKS
- When you want to create a stunning label that imparts premium value cues.
- When your label has lots of intricate textural details.
- When your label design includes an element that you want to draw focus to.
- When sustainability is an important factor.
WHEN IT DOESN'T
- When your label needs require the use of a plastic stock. (Embossing and debossing can only be done on paper stocks.)
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Though embossing must be done on paper stock, we offer a waterproof paper option.
- Embossing is one of our premium embellishments — if your product has a relatively short lifecycle, there are other options that may suit your needs better.